Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Best Friend

I love my Mom. She is amazing, beautiful, loving and a fun person to be around. She is the kind of person that I want to be when I grow up. But I have to admit that I take her for granted on a daily basis. I don't often give her the credit that she deserves.
I owe my mother for so much. The list is far to long to ever write down. But there are a few essentials that I must say. She made me. That alone deserves eternal gratitude. But she also gave me a wonderful home, lots of love and has nurtured all of my dreams. She is my best friend and confidant.
The other day I was talking to a co-worker who was telling me that her mother is going through a rough time and may have to move in with her. She was plotting ways to keep her out of her home and complaining about what a pain it would be if she moved in. She was also saying how she didn't want to deal with her mothers baggage. This made me terribly sad. It got me thinking about my relationship with my mom and what I would do for her. She has always been my rock and guiding light but what if one day she needs me? What could I do to help her? Could she ever need too much? The answer is no. There is nothing that I wouldn't do for her. Even if I was living under a bridge in a cardboard box she could live with me and have the only blanket.
 I am so blessed to have my mother, this wonderful vivacious woman who loves me. I would do anything for her because I know that she has already done everything for me. Thank you Mom, for everything you've done. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment